Monday, April 21, 2008

Yikes! It's hard work!!!

Hello!
A quick note after a strenuous day's solo training at Port La Foret.
5 boats - Brit Air, Foncia, Generali, PRB and ROXY
25 knots of wind
HARD work, solo, manouvering in these conditions, but great fun! I did one great start that I am proud of, at pace, in front of everyone. ROXY did very well, mostly keeping up with the new boats (except when her skipper made little mistakes!) The new daggerboards are magic!
We did one leg TWA 90deg reaching (at boatspeed 18-20 knots), then downwind offshore of the Glenans, then a re-start (my start was not so good this time - room for improvement!) and upwind to finish.
I did all the manouvers solo (knackering) with Erwan, Tanguy and guest of the day Servane Escoffier looking on, giving useful feedback! We even managed to get Pascal Conq on board at the end of the day for the last beat (transferred from Generali) to remind him of how great his 8-year old designs are too!!!
Tomorrow is forecast to be calmer, but I'm sure that it will be just as hard work! Guest of the day is Bernard Jaouen, my fitness coach!
Sam x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home